We want to take a moment to express our heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you for your unwavering support and participation in Imagine a Day Without Water 2023. What a day for the #OneWater movement! Together, we reached millions of people about the vital role water plays in our daily lives and the urgent need to protect and invest in this precious resource.
- The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago passed a resolution recognizing #ImagineADayWithoutWater—reminding communities across the country of the essential role we all play in protecting this precious resource that some don’t have.
- Jacobs’ Global Water Market Director, Susan Mosio, shared her reflections on inspiring #OneWater partnerships and projects from across the country—from water reuse in California to waste water operations management in Delaware.
- Seattle Public Utilities created a series of videos to honor the value of water and the people who keep it flowing to our communities.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers called for further investment in our nation’s water infrastructure in an op-ed penned by their staff.
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority partnered up with La Prima Espresso Co. & Threadbare Cider and Mead to spread awareness about the importance of clean, safe drinking water.
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District invited local students to tour their SWIFT Research Center and partake in a “Washing Water” activity to understand the value of water.
- Ferguson shared how they are delving deep into the heart of water challenges faced by communities nationwide.
- We followed DC Water’s mascot, Wendy the Waterdrop, as she navigated a day without water in a series of videos shared on social media.
Will you help us continue this momentum of awareness and action for our most precious resource? Let’s keep the conversation going and work together to ensure a future where safe and reliable water is accessible to all.
Once again, thank you for your dedication, passion, and support. Together, we are making a difference and building a more resilient water future for all.