- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, in collaboration with local partners, will be holding a grand opening of their Green Infrastructure Center of Excellence, inviting the public to visit the space and learn about green infrastructure and the free services the center will offer.
- City of Jersey City, NJ and the City of Hoboken, NJ are partnering with local organizations, including New Jersey Future and New Jersey Water Works, to host a number of events throughout the day including a waterfront clean up in Hoboken, catch basin clean up and painting, green infrastructure tours, and and wrapping with Imagine a Day Without Beer event with the New Jersey Craft Brewers Association.
- A number of utilities and city departments, including Illinois American Water; Pawtucket Water Supply Board in Rhode Island; City of Arlington, TX; Soquel Creek Water District; Suez South Jersey, and Tucson Water, are parting with libraries and school districts to host art contests and essay contests asking students to imagine a day without water.
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District is hosting an open house at their SWIFT Research Center where they using innovative technology for water purification.
- Central Arkansas Water and Beaver Water District in Arkansas are sponsoring water-themed trivia nights at local breweries in their area.
- AlexRenew, KC Water, and Florida Keys Aqueduct Authority will be filming short video clips asking local businesses and community partners to imagine a day without water.
- Employees from Raftelis Financial Consultants are taking a pledge to walk 6km on October 12th to represent the average distance women and girls in developing countries walk to collect water.
- Tucson Water is distributing signs and stickers for coffee sleeves & cups to local coffee shops. Arkansas Water Environment Association is distributing 5,000 window clings around the state. Beaufort-Jasper Water & Sewer Authority is distributing 5,000 coasters to bars and restaurants in the area to remind people that a day without water is a day without sweet tea and boiled peanuts!
If your organization has not added its name yet for the national day of education and advocacy, sign up today!