On October 19, 2023, we hosted our ninth annual Imagine a Day Without Water—uniting participants across the nation and the globe to reach millions on social media. Check out this year’s highlights scroller below.
We want to take a moment to express our heartfelt gratitude to each and every one of you for your unwavering support and participation in Imagine a Day Without Water 2023. What a day for the #OneWater movement! Together, we reached millions of people about the vital role water plays in our daily lives and the urgent need to protect and invest in this precious resource.
- The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago passed a resolution recognizing #ImagineADayWithoutWater—reminding communities across the country of the essential role we all play in protecting this precious resource that some don’t have.
- Jacobs’ Global Water Market Director, Susan Mosio, shared her reflections on inspiring #OneWater partnerships and projects from across the country—from water reuse in California to wastewater operations management in Delaware.
- Seattle Public Utilities created a series of videos to honor the value of water and the people who keep it flowing to our communities.
- The American Society of Civil Engineers called for further investment in our nation’s water infrastructure in an op-ed penned by their staff.
- Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority partnered up with La Prima Espresso Co. & Threadbare Cider and Mead to spread awareness about the importance of clean, safe drinking water.
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District invited local students to tour their SWIFT Research Center and partake in a “Washing Water” activity to understand the value of water.
- Ferguson shared how they are delving deep into the heart of water challenges faced by communities nationwide.
- We followed DC Water’s mascot, Wendy the Waterdrop, as she navigated a day without water in a series of videos shared on social media.