Senior Program Manager for Equitable Infrastructure
The US Water Alliance seeks a Senior Program Manager to serve as a key leader in the Alliance’s emerging Equitable Infrastructure initiative, which supports communities to equitably develop, fund, and deliver multi-benefit water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure.
Reporting to the Director of Local Engagement, the Senior Program Manager will develop and implement a wide range of projects and programs that require excellent project management skills and significant engagement with multiple stakeholders including Alliance leadership, program staff, and external partners. They are responsible for the operational success of the Alliance’s initiatives, ensuring seamless program delivery and quality. This position requires frequent travel.
What You’ll Do
Directly Support Communities
- Build awareness of the technical assistance communities need to equitably develop, fund, and deliver multi-benefit water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure.
- Serve as a lead community liaison for the Alliance’s new Equitable Infrastructure initiative, providing community engagement implementation and technical assistance project management for communities across the country.
- Travel to communities to support public and community engagement functions in support of the Alliance’s Equitable Infrastructure initiative.
Support Equitable Infrastructure Program Development
- Collaboratively craft and deliver overall program strategy, policy, content, and growth.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate success of core program components and ensure consistent, high-quality work products.
- Ensure compliance with administrative requirements and processes.
- Serve as lead facilitator for diverse stakeholder groups that include water utilities, government agencies, community groups, engineering firms, environmental justice leaders, other technical assistance providers, and philanthropy to advance program deliverables as needed.
- Foster and help organize peer exchanges and convenings that support Equitable Infrastructure.
- Serve as a program spokesperson at convenings, conferences, and when working with partners.
- Work closely with other staff to maximize the synergies across program areas.
- Execute on existing program offerings and contribute to new programming based on needs identified in the field.
- Supervise staff and consultants, as needed.
Provide Organizational Support
- Support the Alliance’s network building strategy—helping recruit and onboard new members, building effective partnerships, and engaging in coalitions for the organization.
- Represent the Alliance in face-to-face meetings, over the phone, attending conferences, and presenting at national meetings.
- Serve as an external ambassador for the US Water Alliance—including public speaking, relationship building, and coordinating strategic partnerships.
- Support fundraising activities as needed, including but not limited to drafting program specific content for proposals and meeting with philanthropic partners.
- Support One Water Summit as needed with logistical, programmatic, and operational tasks.
What you bring to this role
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of eight years of experience in related field
- Demonstrated excellence in planning and implementing innovative programs or policies related to water, infrastructure, sustainability, community development, or related sectors
- Demonstrated experience in writing policy analyses, reports, articles, or related materials
- Strong relationships with key organizations and leaders in fields of interest related to the mission and programs of the US Water Alliance
- Planning education or work background preferred
- Experience working with utilities on water, wastewater, or stormwater preferred
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to launch, implement, and successfully complete project or program deliverables independently
- Ability to manage projects and programs
- Demonstrated capacity for critical, independent, and creative thinking
- Well-organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver strategic results while functioning on a high-performing team
- Ability to operate at strategic and tactical levels, often working on fast-moving projects on tight timelines
- Comfortable working collaboratively and efficiently to create new systems, lead implementation, and support colleagues to successfully meet expectations
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, GIS, and other planning tools preferred
- Passion for water, sustainability, and the mission of the US Water Alliance
- Dedicated to team success
- A self-starter, a problem solver, and detail-oriented
- Flexibility and openness to changing conditions
Compensation and Location
In addition to a competitive salary of $85,000 –$115,000 (commensurate with experience), the US Water Alliance offers an excellent benefits package that includes paid vacation, health, vision, dental insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement plan. Qualified candidates will be considered regardless of location. While most work is performed remotely, travel will be required for on-site events, gatherings, and program and/or development needs.
Please send your CV/resume, cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application: Senior Program Manager for Equitable Infrastructure” in the subject line. The writing sample should include a policy analysis, report, article, or related materials. Applicant materials will be accepted through February 6, 2023. To download the full Senior Program Manager for Equitable Infrastructure job description, please click here.
What to Expect
We’ll review your application materials for experience, knowledge, and abilities required to successfully perform the job. Only those selected to advance in this process will be contacted for an interview. Candidates must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
If you require assistance due to a disability in the application or recruitment process, please submit a request to email@example.com.