Infrastructure Week 2019: Value of Water Supporter Activity Round-Up
Infrastructure isn’t just a week for our supporters. They are busy on the front lines every day managing, improving, and caring for our reservoirs, treatment plants, and pipelines to bring valuable resources and services to our communities, which are often overlooked and taken for granted. But, Infrastructure Week is certainly their week to shine!
Here are highlights from ten of our supporter’s Infrastructure Week activities and events:
- AlexRenew: Will run a social media campaign and will be holding three tours to educate city staff, regional elected officials, and the public about AlexRenew and the RiverRenew program.
- American Water: Featured content on their blog and podcast, and released their State and Subsidiaries Toolkit, complete with key messages, key campaign activities, guide for engaging local schools, multiple media templates, and sample social media messaging.
- Atlanta Department of Watershed Management: Has a full calendar of events including a Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce Infrastructure Week Panel Discussion (5/13) and History of Atlanta’s Water Infrastructure Presentation (5/19) and much more!
- Buffalo Sewer Authority (BSA): On May 13 and 14, 120 sixth-grade Southside Elementary School students will learn from BSA employees, participate in demonstrations and tour BSA and Buffalo Water facilities. They also will release their Rain Check 2.0 report on May 16.
- Detroit Water and Sewerage Department: Will be discussing the benefits of upcoming system improvements and ways they are decreasing water shutoffs on FOX2 News.
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District: Will feature content on their upcoming capital improvement projects and Did You Know facts in their blog and on social media, as well as run an internal HRSD Employees SharePoint feature.
- KC Water: Is participating in a city news conference highlighting two years of Kansas City’s General Obligation Bonds and flood control project updates on May 13.
- Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago: Is celebrating their 130th Anniversary and is hosting open houses in Chicago, Skokie, and Cicero featuring tours, free compost, kid-friendly activities, and a chance to win a free Chicago River boat tour.
- Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District: Is hosting a "Fred Walk" outfall tour at Edgewater Beach (5/14), and a Media and Elected Officials Tour of the Westerly Storage Tunnel where guests will be able to enter the tunnel 200 feet underground (5/15).
- LA Sanitation and Tucson Water: Will use the IWeek #BuildForTomorrow on social media!
Full list of events is located at infrastructureweek.org/calendar.